Situated at the seat of the Supreme Court of Appeal appeals make up an integral part of Huggett Retief Inc.’s practise.
The Firm has an excellent reputation amongst correspondents from all over the country. This team is renowned for their unparalleled attention to detail as required in a court steeped in tradition. Having an excellent working relationship with the court officials, this practice offers a world class service and can assist clients with confidence in all matters relating to appeals.
Our Specialised Services in Appeal Matters Include:
- Serving and lodging appeal documents including applications, heads of argument and appeal records.
- Perusal and inspection of appeal records and other documents to ensure that they comply with the Rules and Practice directives of the SCA.
- Liaison with the Office of the Registrar regarding urgent enquiries and requests for urgent enrolments or deferred enrolments of appeal matters (we have an excellent working relationship with the court officials).
- Obtaining a final Court roll and establishing the composition of the SCA bench to preside over correspondent appeal matters.
- A complete correspondent service for applications for leave to appeal to the SCA.
- Advice and guidance on the Rules and Practice directions of the SCA regarding lodging of documents, computation of days etc.
- Drafting and taxation of bills of costs and obtaining taxation dates for correspondent firms.
- Attending to note judgments and obtaining copies of the SCA judgments for correspondent firms.